Professional Sea Freight Services
Explorate is Australia’s fastest growing sea freight service provider. Backed by our own industry-leading cloud-based platform, our freight specialists and network are equipped with an unmatched advantage when it comes to shipping your goods by sea. Our team provides a total service (door-to-door, port-to-door, etc) covering the sea freight movement of your products, customs clearance and tariff classifications, coordinating pick-up and delivery, all managed by the Explorate platform and our in-house team of international sea freight specialists.
In addition to international sea freight services, we also offer a range of coastal shipping operations to and from ports within Australia.
Where to start? Contact our sea freight team today and we’ll get your goods on their way.
Explorate sea freight services gives your business reliable freight access to many Asia Pacific locations including Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand and Philippines. Our global solutions extend your supply chain reach to locations in USA, Canada, Europe, South America and Africa.
Our Sea Freight Capabilities:
- FCL (Full Container Load) – 20’, 40’, high cube etc.
- LCL (Less than Container Loads) – pallets, cartons, etc.
- Special projects (over-dimensional and heavy-lift cargo)
- Door-to-door & more
- Marine insurance
- Get a quote now
Cartage & Ground Network
As an end to end supply chain service, our transport including wharf cartage operations and warehousing teams complement our air and ocean operations to offer inventory management and last mile delivery across Australia and overseas. All of our branches around the world use the same platform to communicate and manage your shipment meaning you can rely on real-time data accuracy and visibility on all of your shipments.
Take advantage of our full suite of sea freight services by contacting one of our team today.
Estimated transit times for sea shipments
Sea freight services can be a more economical alternative for transporting bulk, heavy, or large items and is suitable for non-urgent deliveries.
- Shanghai, China (CNSHA) to Sydney, Australia (AUSYD) is 16-28 days
- Shanghai, China (CNSHA) to Rotterdam (NLRTM) is 19-22 days
- Ningbo, China (CNNGB) to Brisbane, Australia (AUBNE) is 15-28 days
- Melbourne, Australia (AUMEL) to Auckland, New Zealand (NZAKL) is 5-6 days
- Signup or login to Explorate to check live schedules & rates now
The sender and receiver will be notified in advance of the anticipated arrival date or possible delays via the Explorate platform.
Freight sizes we move by sea
Our diverse fleet and history of sea freight logistics experience enables us to handle freight in a range of sizes, including:
- Palletised freight
- Break bulk and bulk freight
- Full container loads (FCL)
- Less than container loads (LCL) – including non-palletised
- Oversized cargo and machinery
We can move freight of almost any size, configuration and type – contact us if you have different requirements and we’ll work with you to find a solution that meets your needs.
Why choose Explorate for your sea freight services?
We work hard to deliver optimal logistics solutions to our customers, strengthening our core service offerings with innovative technology, facilities, and systems that give your business a competitive advantage. Choosing Explorate as your sea freight partner provides you with:
- Origin and destination port charges are passed on to you with $0 uplift
- Access to an extensive global network of shipping lines and vendors
- View and book any schedule from any carrier in our network (several sailings every week)
- Control and choice of service providers backed by automated reporting
- Access to all major trade lanes across the globe and every Australian trade lane
- Live monitoring of schedules and freight rates
- Additional handling services tailored to your needs
- Timely and accurate information about ETD, ETA and more
- Notifications of any possible delays before it becomes an issue