As a Business Development Manager (BDM), you’ll be working with other BDMs and Commercial Manager
to hunt new target accounts and expand existing accounts in order
to uncover new opportunities. Explorate is in hyper-growth mode, so you’ll be instrumental
in supporting our Sales team’s efforts to bring on new clients while learning the
fundamental skills necessary to become a successful sales executive in the future. You will
become an expert in researching potential customers, contacting them, deliver compelling
reasons to meet with our Enterprise Sales team, and learn firsthand how your efforts lead
to opportunities for the company.
You will prospect, educate, qualify, and develop sales-ready leads and opportunities from
lead-generation activities and outbound cold-calling into targeted accounts. You’ll Interact
with prospects via phone and email to explain Explorate's vision, identify opportunities, and
You’ll disseminate opportunities to appropriate sales executives, educating reps as
necessary about the opportunity, and recommending appropriate follow-up action items.
You’ll educate customers on the future of freight and enthusiastically represent Explorate's
solutions to prospects.
As you become more comfortable in the role, you’ll help evolve our demand generation strategy
- Knowledgeable. Broad understanding of business challenges encountered by enterprise clients.
- Critical thinking. The ability to critically think through the challenges your clients face to create new opportunities.
- Perseverance. The ability to be relentless and push towards your goal.
- Passion. A sense of enthusiasm and ambition to succeed in this role, as it can be difficult if you hate rejection.
- Curiosity. A desire to understand people, their problems, their companies and industries.
- Conscientiousness. What we’re doing is not a simple SaaS sale, but discussions may get technical. The ability to understand complex issues and explain them to clients are important
- Motivated. You must be highly motivated and continuously strive for personal and professional improvement.
- Resourceful. You should think about your target accounts as your own business - we want self-starters who are passionate about hunting for new accounts, and who thrive on the freedom and accountability of leading their portion of the business.
- Proactive. You must be able to understand our mission and do the work required to drive us to that goal, through following a process and also being creative.
- Communication. Communication is the lifeblood of your relationships both internal and external to Explorate. You need to reflect excellent communication in all forms, across a wide variety of personality types, roles, and geographies.
- Team. Nothing we do is done in isolation. Your success depends on your ability to work as a team both within Explorate and within your client accounts.
- Ownership. You need to exhibit ownership of your accounts, your successes, and your failures.
- Problem Solver. We are a distributed company so life throws in minor challenges beyond the primary problems your role is meant to solve. You need the ability to take those in stride and persist despite setbacks.
- Priorities. The nature of this role requires that you understand the priorities and timelines associated with each of your accounts and to execute appropriately with those in mind.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Explorate. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.